Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Lindegaard pens new United deal

Manchester United goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard has penned a new four-year deal with the Red Devils to keep him at Old Trafford till 2016.

The Denmark international joined Sir Alex Ferguson's outfit back in January 2011 from Norwegian side Aalesund FK, and has spent much of his time warming the bench for the 19-time league champions. However, the 28-year-old is currently United's stopper on their pre-season tour of Europe as colleague David De Gea remains on Olympic duty for Spain.

"I'm very pleased to have signed a new contract," Lindegaard told the club's official website. "I'm glad and proud that the manager has shown the confidence he has in me by giving me a new deal. "There is nowhere in the world I would rather be than right here. Check now for betting on Premier League. The competition for places is tough, as it should be in a club like this. It only makes us better as individuals and, more importantly, stronger as a team. "It's what I have dreamt of all my life and nothing makes me more proud than wearing the Manchester United badge."

Ferguson was pleased by the news that Lindegaard has opted to stay with the Old Trafford-based club - who are 3.25 to win the 2012-13 Premier League. "Anders is still relatively young for a goalkeeper but he has come on leaps and bounds since joining us last year," he said. "There is healthy competition in the goalkeeping department, which is always good for the team, albeit a headache for me!"

Source: bet365.com/news/en/betting/